Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Random Acts of Kindness


It's been a minute since my last post. Wild-eyed and searching for balance I signed off and logged out. In the time since then I have, as J.California Cooper put it, been trying to "swim to the top of the rain". It is raining a very busy life, long days at work, 6 children that need love, support and attention, and a relationship that is hanging by a thread. So posting and even reading the bloggers I love-love-love had taken a backseat to my woes.

But then, on a day that was turning out sort of yucky, a simple but wonderful kindness, brought me back. Someone sent me a comment to my last post to ask me where I was and tell me that they missed me.

It got me thinking. We see our co-workers, neighbors, people out and about, people online and we don't know what they might be going through. A bad day, illness, feeling overwhelmed, under pressure, lonely...and a random act of kindness might be just what they need to lift their spirits, give them hope, put a smile on their face and in their hearts and keep them going. A word, a token, a helping hand don't cost much, but the rewards are priceless.

Kindness is a gift, pass it on.

Thank you Mes Deux Cents!

4 comments:

Mes Deux Cents said...

Janie,

First, welcome back! I really missed your posts. However I'm most pleased to see your post simply because I know your still there fighting the good fight!

There are quite a few blogs I read during an average week. But there are a few blogs that I not only read but they have become my favorites. Your blog is one of my favorites. I really enjoy what you share. Your honesty is inspiring and inspires me to strive for that same type of honesty in my posts.

I know from your posts that you are a thoughful person and I'm sure that translates into your relationships. So I know that even though you may be experiencing rough seas at the moment that you will soon find an even keel.

Thanks!

Lisa said...

I'm glad to see that you are back too. Very nice entry. And good advice.

Liz Dwyer said...

Yes, thank you Mes Deux Cents for bringing Janie back into the blogging world.

I've missed you too and I've been popping over here every couple of days to see what's up.

It's so true that we don't know what's going on with people. Below the surface, all kinds of things can be brewing. Those small kindnesses do surely mean so much.

Lydia said...

mes deux cents,
Thank you again for your inspiring words. I do believe the cliche' that Kanye' is giving new life, " if it doesn't kill me it will make me stronger!"

l.b.,
I'm happy to be back. Thanks.

Liz,
One thing I have learned is that when you're down, don't stop doing the things that bring you joy. Reading and sharing with my favorite bloggers brings me joy and I will continue through the low times in the future. Thanks.