Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The Healing Power of G. Garvin


Comfort food. We all know the healing power of comfort food. Whatever your favorite is…warm, gooey macaroni and cheese, a hot baked potato slathered in butter and sour cream, hot biscuits and fried chicken, a pint of Ben & Jerry's…these foods, soothe the soul and the stomach (in that order). We curl up in a corner of our "comfy couch" or stack the pillows just right in the bed, or go to wherever the quiet spot is, with our bowl, plate and utensils…. and indulge. We let it all melt together, and away. The stress, heartbreak, fatigue…whatever circumstances, feelings or person led you to your craving, your pain is temporarily, melted away in those few moments you spend in the comfort of food.
My comfort food has a man attached. That's right, when I need comfort and a good meal, I Turn Up the Heat with G. Garvin. This man can cook for me any day. His husky, baritone voice eases stress immediately, taking me step by step… adding onions, mushrooms, oil…it really doesn't matter what he is adding as long as he doesn't stop talking, "This is ya boy G. Garvin and this is HOW WE DO! That is sexy healing for ya. Baseball cap or bald head, ALWAYS with that crisp, un-tucked shirt. Umm-mm-mmm.
I have actually tried my hand at G. Garvin's luscious creations, but I must admit that I often just watch my TiVO'd Turn Up the Heat…late at night. Just me and G. No food is necessary. Just me and a sexy man, talking and cooking . Let the healing begin!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious! Just give me the food. (And I really need to be on a liquid diet with all the junk in my trunk) I am so anti-having a man at present. I would be cool with cooking G's recipes for some friends and my baby girl! I bought the book and use it in my very short "Gourmet" phases...

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.