Monday, August 20, 2007

The Good Kind of Grungy


I am giggling right now. My daughter is a full fledged high school girl. ( I still can't believe it?!) We were taking our regular evening walk with the twins. I didn't have to drag anybody out this evening, it was sooooo hot inside. All the girls went on our leisurely stroll around the neighborhood.

We were doing something usually silly, like trying to get the twins to skip or "Walk, Walk, POSE! (our version of America's Next Top Model, when my 14 year old, says "MOM! Stop, Stop!. I looked around, but ignored her. (She has some type of moody outburst every 30 minutes). She fell behind... way behind our "sidewalk, catwalk" and started this sort-of "sauntering, sashay" Half-way trying to look cute, the other half trying to not die of embarassment from our "runway reject" game.

I swung around to my right, and what before my wondering eye should appear, but the cutest bunch of boys you ever did see. I couldn't help but smile. There were about 8 of them on bikes and skateboards. Varying, beautiful shades of the chocolate rainbow. The same variety in height and hair, but cute, every single one of them. And yes, they were a little bit grungy.

I mentioned this to my daughter, who informed me with a smile "that's the good kind of grungy mom!"

Which she followed with, "Do I still have my bike?"

No comments: