Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tag-I'm It!


Although like Mes Deux Cents (who tagged me) suggested, this feels like the blogger version of a chain letter, I like finding out quirky, random things about you all. So I am going to list 7 random and/or weird facts about myself. Then I will tag 7 other bloggers by telling them so in the comments of their blog. (Liz said I must explain and of course she is right!)

1. I have read and/or seen all of August Wilson's plays. - The first play I saw was Joe Turner's Come and Gone. When I learned he was going to chronicle black life(in particular for black males) for every decade of the 20th century, I became intrigued. I love purpose, patterns and plans!

2. I have to wash my feet before I get in the bed. - At the end of a long, hard day, I look forward to my wonderful, comfy bed and fresh sheets (if they aren't fresh, I change them immediately). I go barefoot all the time, howevergrubby feet and fresh sheets don't mix.

3. I say my prayers in the shower. It began as the only place that I was not interrupted by one of my adorable children. Now it is my little sanctuary , running water, the smell of lavendar....it is the perfect place.

4. When I am tired I chew the inside of my lip. - What can I say, my dad did it, and so did my big sister.

5. I graduated from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM) - Fashion Merchandising was my major. I thought that I wanted to be a Fashion Journalist. Once I started working in the industry I didn't like it at all. It seemed very singularly focused and people were definitely NOT the focus.

6. I MUST have a shot of Tequila before I get on a plane - post 911 I have been a petrified flier. I mean, cancelled vacations petrified. In the last two years, I have had to travel for work approximately twice a month. The first time, I got to the airport and almost turned around. Instead, I went to the bar, asked for a shot and it calmed me down enough to not be the worst nightmare of the entire plane.

7. I watch The Wizard of Oz and The Wiz once a year. - To see the Wicked Witch melt and Evaline get flushed down the huge toilet of course!


I too am bending the rules here, because I am only tagging 3 bloggers. Although I read several blogs, I think blogging etiquette says that I should only tag those people who I comment/respond to on a regular basis. Maybe others like Mes Deux will tag more than 7 to make up for my lack.

Mama Blah Blah
Sew Transformed
The Looney Bin: Outrageous but True

5 comments:

Mes Deux Cents said...

Janie,

I haven't seen the Wizard of Oz in soooo Long. And I'm sure I must have seen the wiz but I don't remember it?


I have to wash my hands before I go to bed, but then I have to wash my hands as soon as I get home too. (lol)

Wow I love fashion. When I lived in N.Y. I considered going to FIT. What did you study there, design, business?

(lol) Tequila!

Very interesting list!

Thanks for playing.

Liz Dwyer said...

You must explain some of these! I' mean, why the foot washing before bed? And how did the shot of Tequila get started?

Okay, I have to go get started on this because I've been tagged as well.

Unknown said...

Janie,

I had to come over and see your 7 things. I wish I could sound as serene and peaceful.

Fashion Journalist? Yes, if you are into people, humanity, peace and life, that is definitely not the place for you.

As for flying, I never get that fear of flight thing. I never even think of it. If it crashed then that's it I guess.

Lydia said...

Mes Deux,
I sing along with both Wizzes, all the songs. My kids are now following in my footsteps! You have got to rent the Wiz. It is a classic with the BLACK Michael Jackson, Ruby Dee, Diana Ross! a blast!

I majored in Fashion Merchandising/Marketing.

Liz,

lemme go check out your random wierdness! lol

Grata,

Just you saying that I sound serene and peaceful, helps me to be serene and peaceful!

I teach Middle Schoolers so...hmmmm...humanity and peace?! Im not sure! lol Much more satisfying however!

Liz Dwyer said...

So glad you told us a little more. :)

I would have that shot of tequila too for the exact same reasons, except I don't drink so I just have to be paranoid.

I totally get the foot washing. It makes a lot of sense. Like some cultures they shower at night so they're clean when they get in bed instead of being like alot of Americans that shower in the morning after having slept in the bed with the previous day's grime on them.